The short answer is: it could get quite complicated. Applying for a federal employee identification number (FEIN) requires that one of the owners has a taxpayer identification number, which is restricted to citizens of the US and foreign-born persons legally entitled to work here. So, all in all, foreign persons may need to partner with a US citizen to effectively operate an LLC in the US. So it defeats the purpose of operating a US company when you cannot feasibly or easily acquire EIN, which in turn is required for almost all business activities in the United States. On the other hand, C Corp’s are designed for growth companies or foreign entrepreneurs.